Descriptif de la formation
The Belgian Red Cross is approved by SPF Employment, Labor and Social Consultation to provide the Basic First Aid Training (worker who provides First Aid assistance in the workplace).
In companies classified A,B or C, the employer foresees a sufficient number of nursing staff, first aiders or other designated persons, according to the number of employees, the nature of the company’s activities and the results of the risk analysis. This ensures that First Aid can be provided during the entire working period.
The Basic First Aid Training allows the worker to acquire the required knowledge and competencies to recognize health conditions threatening people’s lives and to provide the appropriate First Aid assistance to a victim of an accident or an illness in the workplace while waiting for the intervention of urgent medical assistance.
This basic training must be supplemented by an additional training based on the company’s activities representing specific risks for which the knowledge and competencies of the basic training are insufficient.
The First Aid basic training is organized by the Belgian Red Cross in accordance with the “First Aid” Code of Well Being at Work of April 28th 2017 (title 5).
This training aims to reach the objectives defined in the legal framework:
- Know your role as a First Aider in the workplace
- Assess the situation, the severity of a discomfort or an injury and the need to involve professional assistance
- Maintain vital functions and provide adequate first aid assistance in case of a serious illness or injury
Active pedagogy, scenarios, practical and reflective exercises, exchanges and discussions
- Regulatory framework of the First Aider in the workplace
- Essential intervention rules including the call for emergency professional assistance
- Control of vital functions
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation of adult using a defibrillator
- Side recovery position, rolling the casualty on to his/her side
- Suffocation and airway obstruction
- Haemorrhages, wounds, amputations, burns
- Musculoskeletal, head and vertebral trauma
- Heart and cardiovascular troubles, seizures, respiratory disorders…
- Content of First Aid Kit
- Bandaging and support techniques
All our First Aid trainings are given by professional, qualified trainers who are annually recycled by the Belgian Red Cross.
Duration: 3 days - 18 hours (regulatory framework: a minimum of 15 hours training excluding breaks) - Assessment included
Price: upon request
Kind of training:
- Open training / inter-enterprise training : organised in the Red Cross facilities with 4 people maximum for the same organisation - maximum 12 people per group
- Intra-enterprise training (in your office): group of 12 people maximum of a same organisation -> Please contact our secretariat Formipro by phone 081.771.300 or by email email@example.com to plan this training in your facilities.
Language: available in English
The validity period of the Fist Aid certification is connected to the annual recycling training (or biannual training based on the risk analysis) of 4 hours minimum. This certification is granted on a personal basis by the Belgian Red Cross and approved by SPF Employment, Labor and Social Consultation.
Terms of Access:
Active participation during the entire training period together with a good understanding of the English language and a physical condition allowing first aid technical gestures are required to obtain the certificate.
Schedule: discover training dates by province below.